We have always tried to treat all the areas visited on our tours with the minimum possible amount of environmental pressure. We don't admit to having all the answers but Walkabout Scotland has always been about a low-impact form of tourism:
- By having small group sizes (max 8) our impact on the environment and local population is kept as minimal as possible.
- We support local traders by using locally owned accommodation, cafes and restaurants where possible.
- We try to ensure that our tour transport fits the group size.
- We encourage travel to and from Edinburgh by train where possible.
- We try to avoid inner city Edinburgh car journeys where possible, use recycled stationery.
Suggestions for improvement are welcome.